We have two marked hiking trails:
- 3.5 km trail – Meandering over small koppies and through shallow gullies, this trail offers a variety of scenery over a short distance. It is a moderate hike with a few steep but short uphills and downhills.
Estimated duration: 1 – 1½ hours.
- 5.2 km trail – Starting by a spruit shaded by trees, this moderate-to-difficult hike takes you to the peak of the mountain overlooking the farm.
Estimated duration: 2 – 3 hours.
Cost: R50 per person.
What to bring:
- Closed shoes with decent grip. Parts of the hikes are steep and rocky, so ankle-supporting boots are ideal.
- Long pants if you want to avoid irritation from long grass.
- Sunblock and a hat to avoid sunburn.
- Enough water to stay hydrated.
- Any special medication you may require, such as asthma pumps, anti-allergy pills, etc.